- 7.22 lakh got jobs out of 22 crores in 8 years
- Most jobs were recommended in 2019-20
Sarkari Naukri in Modi Govt: In the last eight years, the fight for government jobs has been going on continuously. According to the data placed in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, less than 1 percent of the applications received in these eight years were selected. Out of 22.05 crore applications received from 2014-15 to 2021-22, only 7.22 lakh or 0.33 per cent were recommended for appointment in various central government departments.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Personnel Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Telangana Congress MP A Revanth Reddy in Lok Sabha. According to the information given by them, the figures that have come out, see their year wise figures here.
Year wise applications received
- 1,86,71,121 applications in the year 2021-22
- 1,80,01,469 applications in the year 2020-21
- 1,78,39,752 applications in the year 2019-20
- 5,09,36,479 applications in the year 2018-19
- 3,94,76,878 applications in the year 2017-18
- 2,28,99,612 applications in the year 2016-17
- 2,95,51,844 applications in the year 2015-16
- 2,32,22,083 applications in the year 2014-15
Year wise recommendation figures by recruiting agencies
- 38,850 candidates in the year 2021-22
- 78,555 candidates in the year 2020-21
- 1,47,096 candidates in the year 2019-20
- 38,100 candidates in the year 2018-19
- 76,147 candidates in the year 2017-18
- 1,01,333 candidates in the year 2016-17
- 1,11,807 candidates in the year 2015-16
- 1,30,423 candidates in the year 2014-15
The broad trend of data presented in the Lok Sabha shows that the number of candidates selected for government jobs has been declining since 2014-15. The year 2019-20 is the only exception in this. During the year 2019-20, maximum number of candidates have been recommended for the job. This was the year of Kovid Pandemic, when Lok Sabha elections were also held. In the year 2014-15, where 1.30 lakh people got government jobs, this graph continued to fall every year. In the year 2019-20, 1,47,096 people got jobs, but the next year this graph again came down.