Programs made by EduTech will not get recognition, do not be fooled by advertisements. Programs made by EduTech will not get recognition, do not be fooled by advertisements

Rate this post


  • Hindi News
  • Career
  • Programs Made By EduTech Will Not Get Recognition, Do Not Be Fooled By Advertisements

3 minutes ago

  • copy link
ugc 1666960198

The University Grants Commission has issued a warning regarding students pursuing PhD programs. In a notice issued by the UGC, students have been cautioned against taking admission in online PhD programs offered by EduTech companies in collaboration with foreign universities and higher education institutes. A public notice by the UGC and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) states that the commission will not recognize online PhD program degrees that are offered by the EduTech platform.

Questions raised on degree achieved from EduTech platform

There has been a flood of EduTech companies in recent times. Most of the companies are offering online degree, diploma and certificate courses. Most of these courses are in diploma and certificate mode, which are skill based. These courses have been designed in such a way that working professionals can also do them. However, there are also many EduTech platforms that offer programs like PhD, which require publishing research papers. In such a situation, the question is also being raised on the degree obtained from the EduTech platform.

What was said in the UGC notice?

It has been said in the notice that only PhD degree will be recognized in India, which follows the rules and structure of the program and the rules framed by the UGC. “Students and general public are advised not to fall prey to advertisements for online PhD programs by EduTech companies in association with foreign educational institutions,” the notice said.

The commission further advised the students to ensure that PhD programs should be approved. Any student, who wants to do PhD, must verify them as per UGC Regulation 2016 before taking admission.

Criteria changed for admission

The UGC has said that all Indian Higher Education Institutions should adhere to the standards laid down by the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Awarding of MPhil, PhD Degrees) Regulations 2016 for awarding PhD degrees.

In March 2022, the commission proposed amendments to the UGC Regulations 2016 and suggested that 60 percent admissions for PhDs be given to students who clear the UGC NET exam or the UGC NET JRF exam. At the same time, the remaining 40 percent admission will be done through the entrance exam of the respective universities.

There is more news…
Updated: 28/10/2022 — 18:05
Rojgar Samachar © 2021

 सरकारी रिजल्ट

Frontier Theme