The 10th pass is good news for the unemployed. The last date of application for recruitment to the post of Gramin Dak Sevak in Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle under the Indian Postal Department has been extended.
The 10th pass is good news for the unemployed. The last date of application for recruitment to the post of Gramin Dak Sevak in Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle under the Indian Postal Department has been extended. Applications can now be made by 7 May 2020. The last date for the first online application was 22 April. Under this recruitment, 3951 vacancies of Gramin Dak Sevak have come out. Merit will be made on the basis of marks received in 10th standard. Candidates will be selected on the basis of this merit. appost.in or appost.in/gdsonline Detailed notifications can be seen by visiting
1. Out of total 3951 posts, 1814 posts are unreserved. 314 posts of EWS, 1000 of OBC, 29 of PWD-A, 24 of PWD-B, 9 of PWD-C, 750 of SC class and 11 posts of ST class are reserved.
2. Age Limit
– Minimum 18 years and maximum 40 years. The age limit will be decided on 23 March 2020.
In the maximum age limit, relaxation of five years will be given to the Scheduled Castes, three years to the OBC category and 10 years to the differently-abled.
3. Educational Qualification
– Passed class X from recognized school board of education. Candidates who passed the Class X examination in the first attempt will be given preference.
– Candidates having more qualification than mandatory educational qualification will not get any kind of preference.
Must have knowledge of Hindi language.
4. Technical Qualification
60 days Basic Computer Training Certificate from the recognized school education board.
– Candidates who have studied computer as a subject in class X or XII or higher will be exempted from the Basic Computer Information Certificate.
5. Pay scale (according to the post)
– Rs 12,000 to Rs 14,500 for GDS BPM.
– Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000 for GDS ABPM.
6. Selection Process
– Based on the online submission applications of the candidates, the merit list will be prepared and selected.
– Candidates having higher educational qualification will not get any kind of priority. The final selection will be based on the marks obtained in 10th standard.
– If the applicant has chosen five posts as a priority and gets selected for more than one post on the basis of merit, then he / she will be selected for the same post.
7. Application fee
– Unreserved and OBC category will have to pay an application fee of Rs 100.
SC / ST, Divyang and women will not have to pay any kind of fee.
‘Fees can be paid online or at the post office.
8. Application Process
– Candidates have to apply online. First website for this http://appost.in/gdsonline log in.
Then by clicking on the link on the left side of the homepage (Cycle II – 3951 Posts), the advertisement of appointment will open. Check your eligibility with advertising.
– Click on Apply Online option for online application.
– Registration has to be done before online application. For this, click on the registration link in the ‘Steps to Apply’ section on the homepage. In the form that opens, enter your name, father’s name, date of birth, mobile number etc. and click on submit details button. Registration number will be received on completion of registration. Make a note of it.
– Then go to the homepage again. Pay the fee first. For this, click on the pay-online link and process the payment as instructed. After this, click on the ‘Apply online here’ link. After this, enter the registration number and click on submit button.
– Select the circle on the next webpage. After doing this, the application form will appear. After that complete the application process as instructed.
9. Upload a scan copy of these documents
– Scan copy of class X marksheet
– Caste certificate (if applicable)
– Scanned passport size photo
– Scanned Signature of the Candidate